Middle School Special Education TeacherPosted by: TEAM Schools: A KIPP Region
Posted date: 12/04/2013
Location: Newark, NJ
Jobs at TEAM Charter Schools
Middle School Learning Specialist
We’re looking for a middle school learning specialist (special education teacher) for the 2014-15 school year! Our two middle schools (TEAM Academy and Rise Academy) are constantly looking for great teachers to help our students climb the mountain to college. Learning specialists work with our students that need us the most to help them get ready for success in college and in life.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join TEAM Schools, visit our website here.
Joining one of our elementary schools comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few for this position:
· Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other teachers and TEAM members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
· Extensively plan interventions for struggling students and teach them in small groups
· Support classroom teachers in serving students who need additional interventions
· Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
· A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in special education
· A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
· Knowledge of special education and effective interventions
· A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
· The ability to be flexible in a new school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Charter Schools offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Schools is a growing network of charter schools in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. We started in 2002 with TEAM Academy, our first middle school. We’re opening two schools in the 2014-15 school year – Life Academy in Newark and Revolution Primary in Camden, growing to 15 schools over the next several years.
Apply at www.teamschools.org/jobs/apply