Director of School OperationsPosted by: TEAM Schools: A KIPP Region
Posted date: 12/04/2013
Location: Camden, NJ
Director of School Operations
We’re looking for a director of school operations who will support our growth in Newark and Camden, NJ. Across our network, we have opportunities for directors of school operations which work to make sure each campus runs effectively.
The Director of School Operations (DSO) reports to the Managing Director of Operations and the School Principal, and is responsible for all of the non-instructional matters that are required to run a school. The DSO is also the personal face for our shared services office at each school site.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and teamwork. To find out more about why great people join KIPP New Jersey, visit our website here.
Why else? Working at TEAM is a lot of fun, which we think is super important!
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of the primary responsibilities associated with this role:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 4 to 10 years of work experience, preferably in business or operations management
· An interest in education or the non-profit sector
· A history of building relationships and driving results
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for traveling around the city
· Evening and weekend availability
You also have:
· A passion for the mission, vision, and values of KIPP New Jersey
· Comfort with financial oversight
· Flexibility – able to solve problems in a complex, at times ambiguous, and fast-moving environment
· Comfort working both on teams and independently
· Comfort with giving and receiving feedback
· A willingness to continually learn and improve
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Schools offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Schools is a growing network of KIPP charter and Renaissance schools in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. We started in 2002 with TEAM Academy, our first middle school. We’re opening two schools in the 2014-15 school year – Life Academy in Newark and Revolution Primary in Camden, growing to 15 schools over the next several years.
To apply to this position, please visit www.teamschools.org/jobs and submit an application. Once we receive it and any supporting materials, we will be in touch with next steps.