Founding Kindergarten TeacherPosted by: TEAM Schools: A KIPP Region
Posted date: 12/04/2013
Location: Camden, NJ
Jobs at TEAM Schools
Founding Kindergarten Teacher
We’re looking for a founding kindergarten teacher for the 2014-15 school year! We’re opening Revolution Primary, our network’s first school in Camden, NJ, and need awesome teachers to help put our students on the path to college from the first day of kindergarten.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join TEAM Schools, visit our website here.
Being a founding teacher gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but comes with huge responsibilities.
· Perform daily teaching tasks such as lesson planning, facilitating morning meeting, calendar math, phonics instruction, monitoring lunch and nap, etc.
· Maintain high expectations for each student and work relentlessly to foster student achievement
· Implement school-wide policies within classrooms and on campus
· Build strong relationships and positive rapport with students, families, and colleagues
· Create and foster an encouraging learning environment that promotes self-advocacy, respect, and leadership
· Be a good teammate and collaborate with other founding staff to create a firm foundation for future success
· Regularly analyze data and design instruction and interventions as necessary to meet students’ needs
· Perform some clerical duties, as required, relating to grade books, data entry, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
· Remain available to students and families outside of school hours
· Commit to an extended instructional day, Saturday enrichment, and professional development outside of school hours
· Support and mentor school co-teacher(s)
· A desire to have fun every day
· A minimum of two years teaching, preferable in an urban or low-income setting
· Strong classroom management, with a balance of warm and demanding
· A track record of success in a K-2 classroom, with data you can explain
· A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
· Love for kids and a desire to build strong relationships with our kids and their families
· Openness to feedback and a strong growth mindset
· Flexibility in a new and changing environment
· Strong desire to be a part of a founding team of teachers changing the educational discourse in Camden
· Meet regularly with co-teacher(s) to support/ coach
· Observe co-teacher(s) and debrief on classroom management and instructional strategies
· Provide feedback to co-teacher(s) on weekly lesson plans and small group math instruction
· Analyze co-teacher(s) data and devise instructional action plans
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Charter Schools offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, and a school laptop.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Schools is a growing network of KIPP charter and Renaissance schools in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. We started in 2002 with TEAM Academy, our first middle school. We’re opening two schools in the 2014-15 school year – Life Academy in Newark and Revolution Primary in Camden, growing to 15 schools over the next several years.Apply at: www.teamschools.org/jobs