Aspire Public Schools is one of the nation's highest-performing public school systems serving predominately low-income students. Aspire delivers a rigorous K-12 "College for Certain" education to 13,000 students in 37 schools across California and Memphis, TN.
Aspire Public Schools seeks a Regional Development Manager to lead regional development efforts for K-12 schools in East Palo Alto and Aspire-wide. This position will work closely with our dynamic and committed Advisory Board and our local community of supporters to build financial support for the two Aspire schools serving 700+ children in East Palo Alto. In addition to this local focus, the Regional Development Manager will work closely with the Aspire Development team to identify and cultivate donors for regional and system-wide impact.
This position is based in East Palo Alto, reports to the Principals of EPACS and EPAPA and works closely with Aspire’s VP for Advancement along with the Aspire development team to ensure an integrated local and organization-wide development strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Local Advisory Board Support:
o Work with the Adboard members to set and implement annual fundraising strategy.
o In partnership with the Adboard Nominations committee, recruit additional board members that are committed to transforming public education in East Palo Alto.
o Plan annual retreat and regular Adboard meetings.
o Create and successfully execute annual fundraising campaign.
o Cultivate donor and prospective donor relationships.
o Responsible for event coordination for both small and large events.
• Work with Principals to ensure short and long-term development needs are met.
• Maintain and cultivate existing and new major donor relationships in conjunction with Aspire Development Team.
• Maintain and develop corporate and foundation relationships.
o Includes managing volunteer opportunities for key corporations.
• Lead local foundation grant-writing and grant-reporting efforts. This includes identifying grant opportunities as well as writing grant applications and submitting grant-reports. Gift processing and acknowledgement.
• Work with Aspire Development team to integrate local systems into Aspire-wide development system while ensuring local management of contacts as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain Aspire East Palo Alto communications and marketing materials including: website, newsletter, and annual campaign.
• Work closely with Aspire staff to ensure we are maximizing development opportunities in Silicon Valley.
• Implement database integration assure local contacts are managed locally when appropriate.
• Identify opportunities for large ($50K+) and region-wide or system-wide funding.
• Work closely Aspire development team to identify and cultivate high-potential donors, corporations and foundations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Other duties as assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Experience presenting to external audiences that fosters trust and credibility.
• Relationship Building
o Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with internal staff across all levels as well as external board members, donors, prospects and community leaders.
• Proactive and organized
o Ability to take initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and forge new ones.
o Effective at working with both internal and external contacts to reach common goals and objectives.
• Experience and familiarity with Silicon Valley donor and professional community.
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related or similar field of study.
3) Experience required:
• 3-5 Years Development Experience.
• Demonstrated success working with volunteers, board members and/or donors.
To learn more about our schools, please go to www.aspirepublicschools.org, or use this direct link to submit an online application : https://rn11.ultipro.com/ASP1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx? __ID=1749