Teach at TEAM in 2014Posted by: TEAM Schools: A KIPP Region
Posted date: 11/04/2013
Location: Newark, NJ
Jobs at TEAM Charter Schools
We’re looking for excellent teachers for the 2014-15 school year! We’re growing two elementary schools next year and have four established schools, and need awesome teachers to help put our students on the path to college from the first day of kindergarten.
Why join TEAM? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun and improvement. To find out more about why great teachers join TEAM Schools, visit our website here.
Joining one of our schools comes with a lot of growth opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility. Here are a few for our positions:
· Perform daily teaching tasks such as: conducting morning meetings, monitoring lunch, and any of the other things that make you awesome at your job
· Be a good TEAMmate – work closely with other teachers and TEAM members to create a cohesive school culture of success and family
· Extensively plan curriculum for the academic year in a specific subject
· Update student performance trackers and rely on data to make decisions
· A minimum of two years teaching, preferably in an urban or low-income setting
· A track record of success in the classroom, with data that you can explain
· Subject matter expertise or grade level knowledge
· A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning
· The ability to be flexible in a school environment where things change all the time
In addition to a competitive salary, TEAM Schools offers a full benefits plan, a subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop as well as travel benefits for TEAMmates coming from the New York City area.
About TEAM Schools
TEAM Schools is a growing network of KIPP charter and Renaissance schools in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. We started in 2002 with TEAM Academy, our first middle school. We’re opening two schools in the 2014-15 school year – Life Academy in Newark and Revolution Primary in Camden, growing to 15 schools over the next several years.
See the full listings and apply at: www.teamschools.org/jobs/