Full-time Job Opportunity
Academic Data Specialist
Camino Nuevo is a public charter school serving low-income, primarily immigrant children in the MacArthur Park/Westlake area near downtown. As a school of choice, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy’s unique ability to couple academic success with a wealth of community resources leads to students who are “college ready, college bound”, and prepared for civic engagement. Camino Nuevo is currently looking for a dynamic and hard-working individual to join our team.
Work Basis: Full Time, 12 month contract
Description: The Academic Data Specialist is responsible for maintaining and managing all student, teacher and organizational data. Additional responsibilities include implementing data management functions that streamline performance between the school sites and central office, while at the same time drafting analytical reports and presentations that will successfully mine student and teacher data and drive decision-making and instructional practices. This position will work closely with our school leaders and the central office academic team. The Academic Data Specialists will report to the Senior Director of Academics.
- Warehouse and maintain all student assessment scores at the class, teacher, school and organizational level
- Manage data systems to track student academic and behavioral performance data and teacher evaluation data to inform instructional practices and organizational decisions related to increasing student outcomes
- Conduct key quality control processes to ensure that academic data outputs are accurate
- Conduct all analytical work to identify trends in outputs from student benchmark assessments, standardized CST and/or SBAC testing data, and other academic data measures as follows: DRDP, CELDT, Reading Data, Cohort Graduation Rates, ACT, and AP Tests.
- Assist in training and coaching members of the school community to use data systems and tools effectively
- Oversee the coordination and administration of internal benchmark assessments
- Assist school staff with the implementation of a high quality data-driven improvement cycle by observing and providing feedback and next steps on all aspects of CNCA’s Internal Benchmark Analysis Process, including teacher analysis sessions, principal preparation for data meetings, data meeting protocols, and re-teaching plans
- Devise and implement new systems for tracking and evaluating the impact of re-teaching plans and interventions on student achievement outcomes
- Support school and central office leaders through regular data reviews in identifying both individual and school-wide interventions to boost achievement, maximize efficiency, and expand opportunities
- Draft reports on assessments, school progress, and student progress by using data tools to answer questions for key stakeholders, as requested
- Conduct monthly analyses of student data trends for teachers, school leaders, and central office staff
- Assist the CAO with mentoring school and organizational leaders on using data to improve instructional planning and drive student achievement
- Provide responsive and courteous support to resolve general application issues raised by schools
- Collect data and support program evaluation required for grant reporting and internal monitoring
- Proactively and consistently communicate with external partners to research and develop best-practice analysis processes and systems
- Coordinate academic standardized testing with school sites.
- The ideal candidate has a high capacity for problem solving, technical sophistication, attention to detail, ability to manage numerous tasks and competing demands, and communication skills that allow for collaborating with numerous stakeholders both within and outside of CNCA.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in non-profit/education field a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Data Director and/or other data management and analysis software
- Experience with PowerSchool a plus
- Knowledge of data reporting and dashboard tools
- Proven analytic, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, and extraordinary attention to detail
- Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- Flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate a high level of responsibility and multiple priorities
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence, initiative, and leadership skills
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to CNCA’s mission
- Flexibility, tenacity, high quality work, resourcefulness, teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Proven research, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
To apply please send resume and letter of interest to:
For more information www.caminonuevo.org and www.pueblonuevo.org
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy intends that all qualified person shall have equal opportunities for employment and promotion.