Join our movement
At Success Academy, we make history every single day. Our schools rank in the top 5% in New York State for reading, science, and math. We provide an exploration driven curriculum for grades K-8, focused on the whole child. Chess, art, and other specialized subjects bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. Our communities are calling for more, and we are meeting this urgent demand with rapid expansion.
Are you ready to join this movement and make an indelible mark on education reform across New York City?
We are seeking an ambitious Business Operations Manager to join our Success Academies team. Reporting to the Director of Business Operations at Success Academies Charter Schools, the Business Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all non-instructional operations and communications within a Success Academy. As the school’s second-in-command, the Business Operations Manager collaborates closely with school leadership, manages the school operations team, and serves as liaison to outside parties.
A Business Operations Manager has the exciting opportunity to...
- Manage activities across the school operations team, including parent communication, supplies procurement, student data collection, building maintenance, events, and renovations
- Manage the school operations team, including professional development
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with co-tenants, school staff, network, custodial staff, vendors, school food, parents, and scholars
- Train, coach, and enforce school and network standards, policies, and procedures
- Serve as school leader for all Department of Education and external relationships
- Oversee logistics for school-wide events including family academic nights, field trips, hearing and vision tests, school picture days, permits, school calendar, and flu shots
Policies & Procedures
- Establish systems and schedules for school activities (arrival, breakfast, lunch, recess, dismissal, class transition, and staff schedules) and co-tenant facility use
- Implement standard operational and communication-related policies/procedures that improve the school
- Establish and maintain school health and safety protocols, including school safety plan and fire drill routes
- Institutionalize and systematize school knowledge and processes to prepare school for long-term growth needs
- Work with school leadership to create and implement school culture plan
Finance, Procurement, and Technology
- Create annual school operations budget and track expenditures.
- Manage procurement process, including vendor selection and contracts as needed.
- Oversee on-site technology activities, including distribution, assembly, and maintenance.
As a Result of your Hard Work:
- Your school operates efficiently, safely, and within budget
- Everyone has the resources needed to do their jobs effectively
- Your school operates as a cohesive unit
- Aesthetics standards are met
- The school operations team at your school feels supported and operates efficiently at a high level
- School community is informed and engaged
- Meaningful memories are created with the families, which leads to lasting bonds
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree and experience managing a team. A Master’s Degree is preferred but not required. 3+ years of experience with increasing responsibility is preferred.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Management of People. Leading a team to maximize its effectiveness and develop individual talents.
- Problem-solving. Approaches challenges in creative ways and finds thoughtful solutions.
- Organization and project management. Keeps track of upcoming, ongoing, and past work product.
- Communication with diverse stakeholders. Effectively messages and directs communication to the target audience, employing negotiation skills as needed. Audiences include the Network, government officials, vendors, school staff, parents, and students.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Attention to detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Dedication to mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and support our schools.
- Independence. Can work independently, be assertive, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration. Works with teammates and is responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience (http://www.successcareers.org). Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent School Business Operations Manager at Success Academy.
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.