Principal in ResidencePosted by: Phoenix Collegiate Academy
Posted date: 9/16/2013
Location: 5610 South Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, 85040
Phoenix Collegiate Academy seeks a dynamic individual to commit to a 1 to 2 year residency to train and
prepare to lead a PCA school. Principals in residence will report to the CAO and will participate in a
rigorous curriculum of professional development and conduct extensive research to develop a strong
organizational framework for new school implementation.
A successful candidate will demonstrate s/he is the following:
• A passionate educator who firmly believes that all students will achieve at high academic levels
regardless of demographics or disability who will be a tireless promoter of Phoenix Collegiate
• A shrewd strategist who is relentlessly focused on the achievement of ambitious goals, a natural
problem-solver, and an effective prioritizer.
• An influential communicator capable of inspiring and motivating others to reach beyond
themselves and to come together to accomplish a bold and finely honed vision of academic
achievement for our students.
• A self-reflective, perpetual learner who is capable of honest self-evaluation, willing to accept
constructive criticism, and seeks help to strengthen areas in need of improvement.
• An effective and detail-oriented manager who sets clear expectations and holds others
accountable for progress.
• A skilled instructional coach who can model best practices, effectively evaluate teachers, and
communicate strategies for improvement.
• An exemplar of personal integrity and professionalism who will serve as a role model to staff
and students alike.
• A minimum of 3 years at instructional experience in urban schools, a demonstrated track
record of high student achievement, and proven leadership qualities.
• Experience building and managing teams of people toward the achievement of ambitious goals.
• Spanish fluency highly preferred.
*How to Apply:
To apply, please visit our website at www.phxca.org/Apply for complete instructions.